Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Carry you

Of course I love Sigg water bottles.



And since I saw the below at a local store, I have been drooling... I honestly can't justify buying it, but isn't it gorgeous? It has a whatsit top, like an old jar.



This, on the other hand, is Klean Kanteen.



Note the lame name, the uninspired shape, the dismal logo.

And yet...

And yet.

It's a much better bottle. Bigger, but easy to carry, easier to drink from with a wide mouth. I'm sure it will get dented, too, but it seems to take falls better than Sigg, too.

So I've failed to adhere to my own principals, dear readers. (Unless I can convince Kleen Kanteen to partner with some new designer...)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

you should know that the Sigg bottles with the "whatsit" top you describe here are made in China, despite all of the "We're Made In Switzerland!!!!" markers on the shelves & website.

So not only are you paying too much for an aluminum bottle, you're paying too much for one that's not made where they want you to think it's made. On top of that, these bottles apparently have crummy workmanship, if the reviews on REI's website are to be believed.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger