Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ode to an apple

I have been drinking Martinelli's Gold Medal* Apple Juice all my life -- first blithely, as a child, now with distinct admiration for the 193os-era receptacle. It's so sweetly rotund, with its little collar of apple leaves in relief. I think it's lovely, and there's something about the weight of the class that means the juice stays pretty cold.

Well. Imagine my shock today when I paused for refreshment only to find my "Drink Your Apple A Day" was now plastic! It looked the same, but certainly was not the real thing. No way. Martinellis, listen up! Bring back my bottle!


*The medal is from 1890, at the California State Fair. But whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara dB said...

That really is a pretty bottle. (Even if I find apple juice revolting. Fruit juices generally only interest me when they are fermented.)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger