Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A few words on a classic



For a while after the Nokia 8920 was created, I coveted it from afar. Then, once the price dropped enough, I got one of my very own. I loved that phone -- its looks are smashing and it has great hand feel, it was miniscule in its time but never fragile. The menu isn't designed by insane sadists and the screen is pretty good for, well, what it is.

Then I sold it and got a different phone and moved and got a different phone and lived in America where the phones are lame (sorry guys).

Now this phone has come back into my life and I am newly in love with it. Just look at it. Stellar. (Except the color of the phone in the picture is boring. I have it in red and used to have it in a sort of forest green.)




To tell you the truth, I am also a fan of the design of the even older 3210, which was big but beautiful -- it was usually silver, I think that was the default, but isn't this a nice color?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh... i had the very similar 8260, and it was my favorite phone ever. i sold mine, too, and have regretted it ever since.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my 8260 a few years ago. I had the choice to replace it with a flashier phone, but nothing could ever take the place of that 8260. It was one of the best cell phones I've ever had.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was the best phone ever! but when Cingular had it about 5 years ago, they kept having problems with the software so unlike other Nokia's, it just didn't have the staying power. Sigh.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger